RATE CARD NO. 69 EFFECTIVE FEBRUARY 1, 2020
The Valley Reporter is an independent weekly newspaper published every Thursday morning, 52 times a year, serving Warren, Waitsfield, Fayston, Moretown and Duxbury. The Valley Reporter is also the hometown newspaper for the Sugarbush and Mad River Glen resort areas. The Valley Reporter is a paid circulation newspaper, audited by the U.S. Postal Service and carrying a periodicals permit. Circulation is 3,200. The Valley Reporter is available by mailed subscription, online, or at numerous newsstands throughout the Mad River Valley, Middlesex and Waterbury.
NEWSPAPER GROUP ADVERTISING
Valley Reporter • Stowe Reporter • News & Citizen
- Total circulation 25,700.
- Run the same ad in two or three or all four newspapers and save.
- Advertiser deals with one sales rep, receives one bill.
Burlington Area Newspaper Group (BANG)
The Valley Reporter, Stowe Reporter, News & Citizen, Shelburne News,Williston Observer, The Citizen (Hinesburg/Charlotte), and The South Burlington Other Paper
- Total circulation 53,150+.
- Minimum run: 3 papers.
- Contact your sales rep for rates and more information.
- All display advertising, Friday at 5 p.m.
- Camera ready (PDF), Monday by Noon.
- Classified advertising, Tuesday by 11 am.
- Editorial submissions, Monday at 5 p.m.
- Deadlines may change for special holiday editions.
A 15% commission granted to bona fide advertising agencies for camera ready advertisingsubmitted in PDF or TIFF format. Advertising agencies assume all financial responsibilities foradvertising ordered, contracted and placed.• Normal billing at “earned rate.” Billing on contractual “end rate” subject to short rate penalties.• All advertising payable within 30 days. Thirty-day past due accounts may revert back to openrate and are subject to service charge of 1.5 percent per month.• Accounts over 90 days past due will revert to a pay-as-you-go plus 10% of balance in arrears.• Collection or legals costs will be borne by the advertiser.
ADVERTISING RATES / DISPLAY ADVERTISING
VR=The Valley Reporter; SR=Stowe Reporter
Nonprofit rate The Valley Reporter – $7.58pci. Combo The Valley Reporter & Stowe Reporter: $14.25. Must have a nonprofit number to qualify.
The Valley Reporter: $50/ad/week (10 column inches and larger); $4/col.in. (Under 10 columninches.) Stowe Reporter, The Waterbury Record and News & Citizen: $75/ad/week.
CLASSIFIED LINE ADS
All classified ads to be paid beforepublication.
- 40¢ per word – minimum $6.00
- Boxed classifieds, 50¢ per word – minimum$7.50
- Classified ads requested for 3 or 4 weeksreceive 10% discount
- Classified ads requested for 5 weeks receive6th week free
- No changes to ads receiving discounts
- No refunds on cancelled ads
- Combination rates available with TheWaterbury Record, Stowe Reporter and News& Citizen.
- 12 point headline, $2 per line.
- Blind box ad, additional $5
Inserts and/or supplements accepted
- Inserts to be approved by publisher
- Advertiser to supply inserts
- No discount for series of inserts
- Rates based on weight upto-2 oz. $100/1,000
- Not agency commissionable
- $50 folding charge (must fit 8.5” x 11”)
WEB PAGE ADVERTISING
All classified ads run on our web page at www.valleyreporter.com
Web Display Advertising: $100/ month per ad (unlimited insertions)
Front Page Banner
$225 – 5 cols X 1 1/2 inches located on bottom of Page 1.
ADDITIONAL RATE INFORMATION
The Valley Reporter does not charge for in-house ad design.Up to two proofs are provided at no charge. Subsequent changes will be billed at $35/hour.• Preferred location, when available, is an additional 25%.
All advertising copy, as well as editorial, news, bulletins, press releases, letters, photos, etc.,are subject to review/approval and right of refusal by the Editor/Publisher.
- Creation of display advertising for Valley Reporter clients remains the property of The ValleyReporter and is not released for reproduction until it has been published in The Valley Reporter.
- Copies of digital files or hard copies of all advertising created by The Valley Reporter forreproduction in other publications must be authorized by the client. A $15 charge will be billedto all agencies or publications requesting the file.
- Political advertising is accepted at the open rate. Political advertising must be paid for beforepublication. Political advertising must be identified as such and contain the name and address ofthe sponsoring party or parties in each ad.
- The publisher assumes no financial responsibility for any errors in ads but, if at fault, willreprint that part of an ad in which the error occurred. The advertiser is responsible for checkingthe published ad and reporting any error before the next issue. The Valley Reporter is notresponsible for more than one incorrect insertion.
- The Valley Reporter will not knowingly accept or publish material that is in violation of thelaw. Advertiser and/or agency who places such an advertisement by doing so agrees to assumeliability for all contents of all advertisements printed as well as any claim arising from theremade against The Valley Reporter.