To The Editor:
Over the past two years, CVMC Family Medicine - Mad River has received useful feedback from patients and community members. We want them to know how much we appreciate these comments and we’d like to share recent changes made based on them:
- We have restructured providers’ schedules to allow more appointment availability, including an increase in same-day office visits.
- In February 2018, we began accepting new patients. At that time, we had more than 100 patients waiting to get established with a primary care provider. We’re pleased that a majority of these community members have now become patients.
- Earlier this year, we streamlined our process for bringing new patients aboard, allowing us to see new patients faster, getting them on the path to feeling better sooner.
We’d also like to highlight some important milestones for our providers:
- Deb van Dyke celebrates her 10th year working for CVMC. Deb worked for many years for Dr. Francis Cook before his practice transitioned to CVMC in 2008.
- In September, Dr. Nanette Wessel-Kissenberth will mark the start of her seventh year with CVMC.
- Dr. Sarah Abbot and Dr. Jennifer Borofsky will each celebrate their second year working at CVMC later this year.
- Dr. William Cove will soon celebrate his second year as medical director at our office. In conjunction with his role as medical director, Dr. Cove also sees our patients for acute visits one day a week.
Our mission is to work collaboratively to meet the needs and improve the health of the residents of Central Vermont. Here at CVMC Family Medicine - Mad River, we all feel a very special connection to this community. Many of us live right here in The Valley and in nearby towns. We're grateful for the opportunity to provide our community of patients the best possible care, close to home.
On Friday, June 22, from 4 to 6 p.m., we are having an open house to allow our patients and community a chance to see our facility and talk with the staff. We will be available to give our visitors a tour of the clinic, answer questions and talk a little more about the changes we’ve made. Light snacks and beverages will be served. We are looking forward to seeing everyone!
Rhodelene Premont, practice manager
Barry Bolio, practice lead
CVMC Family Medicine - Mad River