Now is the time to start assembling Fourth of July floats for the Warren parade. Floats and marchers need not register in advance but are requested to follow these simple guidelines:
• There is one low-hanging wire over the street by the judges' gazebo; be sure floats can safely pass under it.
• If giving out candy or other items from a float, please have people walking beside the float to toss the items to the crowd. Organizers do not want children rushing into the parade path in hopes of snagging candy from the street. Make those candy tosses long.
• Arrive at the south end of Warren Village by 8:30 a.m. and get into line. The parade starter, Spike Brodeur, will feather the floats and marchers into place in an orderly fashion. Please follow his direction. Those who haven't made it into Warren Village by 8:30 a.m. are asked to enter via the south Main Street entrance (south of Lincoln Gap Road).
• Incorporate the theme "Patriots - ACT!"
• No horses, elephants, or lions. Wildebeests are accepted.
• Dogs should be on leash if dogs "must" be at the parade (though strongly discouraged).
More information is available at www.Warren4thOfJuly.com or by contacting the chamber of commerce at (802) 496-3409.