- Construction activities are occurring in all segments along Main Street.
- Flaggers and pedestrian crossers will be present in the construction areas.
- Expect traffic delays and one-way alternating traffic.
- Support local businesses.
Segment 1. Railroad bridge by Dac Rowe to Stowe Street
- Hydrant connections and water services will continue in this segment. Expect traffic delays as this work takes place.
- Driveways will have temporary closures when the equipment is excavating in front of properties. Plan vehicle access accordingly if you see the workers coming your way.
- Temporary parking is available at the municipal offices and library if needed.
Segment 2. Stowe Street to Park Street
- Conduit installation will continue on Elm Street and begin on Bank Hill by McGillicuddy’s beginning the week of August 3.
- Conduit installation and crossings will take place between Stowe Street and Foundry on the even numbered side of south Main Street.
- Curbing prep and curb installation along South Main Street will take place from Park Street to Foundry Street.
- Beginning the week of August 3 driveway and sidewalk prep will take place in this same area.
Segments 3 and 4. Park Row to the end of the project
- Residential walkways will have concrete poured or paved depending on what was there prior to construction.
The schedule for the construction areas and type of work is contingent on weather, equipment, supplies and a variety of circumstances.