There are only a few days left to preregister online for the 23rd annual Mad Dash at www.madriverpath.com, click on Mad Dash. The professionally-timed 10K/5K foot race, 5K fitness walk and free BCBS of VT Kids Fun Run which takes place on Sunday, October 7, Meadow Road in Waitsfield is a Valley favorite for meaningful and fun reasons. Here are six of them:
- Everyone can “Dash.” Old, young and in between, walking or running, slow or fast, all are welcome.
- Meet up with friends, neighbors or meet someone new at the Dash. This year the event honors the Neill family for supporting the Dash for 23 years.
- The scenery. Amidst foliage, the course is on a dirt road that goes near the Mad River, through an unaltered 1855 covered bridge and includes views of mountains and farms.
- All participants get a commemorative T-shirt. There’s a homemade lunch, live music, a silent auction and raffle prizes (pre-registered participants only).
- Free Kids Fun Run. Every kid runner gets a medal. The BCBS of Vermont Kids’ Fun Run is race-day registration only and starts after the Dash.
- Give back. Help create a public path from Warren to Moretown. Funds from the Mad Dash support the Mad River Path Association, which works to expand and maintain public paths in the Mad River Valley.